ARTICLE 1 – NAME
The name of this organization will be the “Wisconsin Hockey Coaches Association. (WHCA)”
ARTICLE 2 – PURPOSE
The purpose of the association will be to act as a liaison between the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA) and the high school hockey coaches throughout the state of Wisconsin
ARTICLE 3 – OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the association will be:
1. To promote and support hockey in all Wisconsin High Schools
2. To encourage the achievement and maintenance of the highest possible standards in the coaching, playing, officiating and watching of high school hoc key in Wisconsin
3. To promote good fellowship and social contacts among members of the WHCA.
4. To disseminate information and organize an annual clinic/conference to keep members informed of the latest developments in Wisconsin high school hockey.
5. To work with the WIAA Rules Advisory Committee in the studying and recommending of rule changes.
ARTICLE 4 – MEMBERSHIP
· Membership in the WHCA is open to all high school hockey coaches, assistant coaches and other interested persons who agree to abide by the constitution of the WHCA.
· Each member shall have one (1) vote.
· An active member is one who is current on his/her dues.
ARTICLE 5 – OFFICERS AND DUTIES
The officers of the WHCA will be the President, the President elect, the Secretary-Treasurer and a representative from the eight (8) “Sectional” sections of the state. All officers must be active members and described in Article 4.
1. Will preside at all meetings of the WHCA.
2. Will represent the WHCA on the Rules Advisory Committee of the WIAA
3. Will appoint all committee chairman
4. Will be an ex-officio member of all committees
5. Will be the chairman of the nominating committee
The President elect:
1. Will perform the duties of the President in the case of absence of the President
2. Will succeed the President if the President vacates that office prior to the termination of the elected tenure, and will remain in the office of the President during the balance of the predecessor’s term and for a subsequent term of one (1) year.
3. Will be the chairman of the Membership committee
4. Will represent the WHCA on the Rules Advisory Committee of the WIAA
1. Will take minutes at all meetings
2. Will email copies of the minutes and other correspondence to the membership
3. Will manage the financial affairs of the WHCA and report such at each meeting
4. Will service on the Membership Committee to keep current and accurate records
The Sectional (Section) Representatives:
1. Will represent their respective Sectional at all WHCA meetings
2. Will coordinate any sectional matters and present them to the WHCA board during the annual meeting
ARTICLE 6 – ELECTIONS
· Elections will be held at the annual meeting
· All candidates for office will be voting members
· Officers will be elected by a vote of the voting membership present at that annual meeting
· Terms of office for all officers will be for one (1) year
ARTICLE 7 – MEETINGS
· The annual meeting of the WHCA will be held at the time and place of the WIAA State High School Hockey Tournament
· Other meetings may be called by the President when deemed necessary
· A quorum shall consist of at least ten (10) active members present at a called meeting
ARTICLE 8 – AMENDMENTS
· Amendments to this constitution shall be submitted, in writing, to the Secretary-Treasurer at least two (2) weeks prior to the annual meeting, and must be approved by two-thirds of the voting members present at the annual meeting.
ARTICLE 9 – AWARDS
· The WHCA will promote and sponsor the following awards each season.
o Player of the year
o WHCA All-State Team
o WHCA All-Academic Team
o WHCA Coach of the Year
o WHCA Hall of Fame
o WHCA Friends of Hockey
o WHCA Team Sportsmanship
· Each active member can nominate players, coaches and others for these awards
· Each active member will have one (1) vote
· Award winners will be announced during the annual meeting held in conjunction with the WIAA State High School Hockey Tournament
ARTICLE 10 – MISC/FUNDING
· All members shall pay annual dues to promote and fund association mission
· All funds are to be used for WHCA events and sponsored awards ONLY
· Officers will not be compensated for their term of office
· The WHCA is a charitable association with all dues being used directly to fund the programs sponsored by the WHCA